- 30 ml (2 T) sunflower oil
- 30 ml (2 T) butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 500 g chicken sausage
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Apricot Halves in Syrup, drained, chopped
- 8 sage leaves, chopped
- 125 ml (½ C) fresh breadcrumbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan.
- Add the onion, garlic and celery and fry for 5 minutes over medium heat until the onion and celery soften.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Remove the sausage meat from the casings and add to the onion mix.
- Add the Rhodes Apricot Halves, sage leaves and breadcrumbs.
- Stir to mix until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Use the stuffing to stuff a chicken or turkey.