- 325 ml (1¼ C) cake flour
- 7.5 ml (1½ t) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 t) bicarbonate of soda
- 5 ml (1 t) ground cinnamon
- 1 ml (¼ t) ground nutmeg
- 375 ml (1½ C) oats
- 125 ml (½ C) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 65 ml (¼ C) sunflower oil
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 30 ml (2 T) butter
- 30 ml (2 T) Rhodes Honey
- 125 ml (½ C) oats
- 2.5 ml (½ t) ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and the spices together.
- Stir in the oats and the brown sugar.
- Mix the egg and the oil together and stir in the mashed bananas.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and fold gently until just mixed.
- Spoon the muffin batter into a muffin tray that has been lined with paper muffin cups.
- Melt the butter and the Rhodes Honey together.
- Stir in the oats and the cinnamon.
- Evenly sprinkle the topping over each of the muffins.
- Bake the muffins in an oven that has been preheated to 180˚C for 20 minutes or until the muffins are golden and firm to the touch.