- 500 g (2 rolls) ready-made puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly whisked with a fork
- 250 ml (1 C) grated cheddar cheese
- 400 g cooked boerewors
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Braai Relish
- 45 ml (¼ C) flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Unroll one roll (250 g) of the puff pastry and place it directly on to a clean braai grid.
- Brush the pastry with a little of the egg.
- Leaving a 2cm border around the edges of the pastry, sprinkle the cheese over the pastry.
- Add the boerewors in a coil or chopped and evenly spread.
- Spoon the Rhodes Braai Relish over the boerewors.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley over the top.
- Unroll the second roll of puff pastry over the top of the pie.
- Fold the edges of the bottom layer of pastry over that of the top layer and press gently with a fork to seal the edges of the pie.
- Brush the top of the pastry with the remaining egg.
- Close the grid and braai the pie over medium coals, turning the grid regularly, for 15 minutes or until the pastry is crispy and cooked through.
- Slice with a sharp knife and serve hot.
You can also bake this pie in a hot oven instead of over the coals.