- 375 ml (1 ½ C) grated carrot
- 250 ml (1 C) grated baby marrow
- 125 ml (½ C) pecan nuts, chopped
- 400 g (3 ⅔ C) cake flour
- 250 ml (1 C) brown sugar
- 30 ml (2 T) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 t) ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 125 ml (½ C) plain yoghurt
- 125 ml (½ C) sunflower oil
- 1 x 227 g can Rhodes Pineapple Crush, drained
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line your muffin pan with paper muffin cups.
- Place the carrots, baby marrow and nuts into a large mixing bowl.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon over the vegetables.
- Add the sugar.
- Toss the vegetables and the flour mix together until evenly mixed.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs, yoghurt and oil.
- Stir in the Rhodes Pineapple Crush.
- Add one handful of the vegetable mix to the liquid ingredients at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Continue until the all the vegetable mixture is incorporated into the liquid ingredients and the batter is evenly mixed.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined muffin tray and bake for about 20 – 30 minutes or until the muffins are golden, risen and firm to the touch.
These muffins freeze well if frozen on the day they are baked.