- 1.2 kg sliced lamb knuckles
- 125 ml (½ C) seasoned flour
- sunflower oil for frying
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 15 ml chopped garlic
- 15 ml chopped fresh rosemary (or 5 ml dried)
- 2 x 410 g cans Rhodes Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 250 ml (1 C) prepared chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- salt, pepper, sugar and a pinch of chilli powder or chilli flakes
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Cross Cut Green Beans, drained
- Sprinkle the meat with the flour and brown in batches in the oil. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, fry the onion and red pepper until soft.
- Stir in the garlic and rosemary and fry until aromatic, about a minute.
- Add the Rhodes Whole Peeled Tomatoes, stock, bay leaves and seasoning to taste then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 2 hours or until the meat is tender and the sauce has reduced and thickened to your liking.
- Add the Rhodes Green Beans and serve.