- 15 ml (1 T) butter
- 15 ml (1 T) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 15 ml (1 T) parsley, chopped
- 4 x 410 g cans Rhodes Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 litre (4 C) prepared chicken stock
- 125 ml (½ C) cream (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Heat the butter and oil, add the onion, carrots and celery and fry until soft.
- Stir in the garlic, parsley, Rhodes Whole Peeled Tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup, stir in the cream (if using) and season to taste.
- Serve piping hot with warm, crusty bread.