- 30 ml (2 T) sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped into small dice
- 2 carrots, chopped into small dice
- 2 celery sticks, chopped into small dice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into small dice
- 750 ml (3 C) prepared chicken stock
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Chopped & Peeled Tomatoes with Mixed Herbs
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Soup Mix, drained
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Green Beans Cross Cut, drained
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery and garlic.
- Cook, stirring often over a high heat until veggies start to soften without browning.
- Add the potatoes and cook for a few minutes more.
- Add the prepared chicken stock and the Rhodes Chopped & Peeled Tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer until the vegetables and potatoes are tender.
- Add the Rhodes Soup Mix and the Rhodes Green Beans Cross Cut and heat through.
- Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve hot.
If you like meat, you can bulk this soup up even more by adding smoked ham hock or stewing beef. If using beef, cook this soup in the slow cooker until the meat is tender.