- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Butter Beans, drained
- 15 ml (1 T) olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices fresh brown bread
- soft butter for spreading
- few leaves of butter lettuce
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- Place the Rhodes Butter beans into a small bowl.
- Add the olive oil and the salt and pepper.
- Roughly mash the mixture with the back of a fork.
- Lightly butter the 4 bread slices.
- Top 2 of the bread slices with the lettuce, cucumber, tomato and avocado.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Divide the mashed Rhodes Butter Beans between them.
- Close the sandwich using the remaining 2 slices of bread.
- Slice each sandwich in half and serve.
Cooking TipRemove the seeds from the tomato to prevent your sandwich bread from going soggy.