- 65 ml (¼ C) brown vinegar
- 65 ml (¼ C) chutney
- 30 ml (2 T) brown sugar
- 15 ml (1 T) masala spice
- 15 ml (1 T) corn flour
- 65 ml (¼ C) water
- 1 small green pepper, cut into small cubes
- 45 ml (3 T) sunflower or olive oil
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Butter Beans, drained
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Green Beans, Cross Cut, drained
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- First make the dressing. Place the vinegar and chutney in a small pan.
- Combine the sugar, masala, corn flour and water and mix until smooth then pour into the pan.
- Stir over medium heat until thickened then add the green pepper.
- Allow to simmer for a few seconds, remove from heat and stir the oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the drained Rhodes Butter Beans, the drained Rhodes Green Beans, the Rhodes Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce and the onion.
- Add the dressing and seasoning to taste then mix.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours but preferably overnight before serving.
You can spice this recipe up as much as you like. For instance, use Rhodes Butter Beans in Curry Sauce (with the sauce) instead of the plain butter beans and then add chopped green chilli and coriander leaves to taste.