1 kg Beef mince
1 Garlic clove, crushed
125 ml (½ cup) Onion, finely chopped or grated
15 ml (1 Tbsp.) Dry oregano
125 ml (½ cup) Dry breadcrumbs
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Oil for frying
1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato and Onion mix
1 x 200 ml can Coconut milk
65 ml (¼ cup) Chopped basil leaves
To serve: Grated parmesan cheese, cooked pasta.
- 1. Place the beef mince, garlic, onion and dried oregano into a bowl.
- 2. Add the breadcrumbs and egg and mix well.
- 3. Season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- 4. Divide the mixture evenly into 24 pieces and roll into balls.
- 5. Heat the Rhodes Quality Tomato and Onion Mix in a non-stick frying pan.
- 6. Add the coconut milk and bring the sauce back to a simmer.
- 7. Add the meatballs to the sauce and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- 8. Season the sauce to taste and stir in the fresh basil.
- 9. Sprinkle the cheese over the meatballs and serve with pasta.