8 Eggs, lightly beaten
125 ml (½ cup) Cheddar cheese
30 ml (2 Tbsp.) Coriander leaves, chopped
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
15 ml (1 Tbsp.) Olive oil
½ Small onion, chopped
1 Small red pepper, chopped
1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Black Beans, rinsed and drained
To serve: 80 ml (⅓ cup) Fresh chopped tomatoes
- 1. In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, cheese and coriander.
- 2. Season well with the salt and black pepper.
- 3. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the onion and red pepper over medium heat until the peppers and onions are tender.
- 4. Add the Rhodes Quality Black Beans and stir to evenly mix the ingredients in the pan.
- 5. Pour the egg mixture over vegetables.
- 6. Stir gently until the eggs just begin to set at the bottom.
- 7. Stop stirring and cook the frittata over medium heat.
- 8. Once the eggs are almost set, place the pan under a grill that has been preheated to hot.
- 9. Grill for a few minutes until the top of the frittata is set.
- 10. Serve hot, sprinkle with the chopped fresh tomato.