15 ml (1 Tbsp.) Sunflower oil
750 g Beef mince
2 Cloves garlic, crushed
1 Onion, chopped
2 Carrots, chopped
2 Red peppers, chopped
5 ml (1 tsp.) Ground cumin
2.5 – 5 ml (1/2 – 1 tsp.) Chilli flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Chopped Peeled Tomatoes
1 x 115 g Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup
250 ml (1 cup) Prepared beef stock
1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Black Beans, drained and rinsed
65 ml (¼ cup) Chopped coriander
To serve: Nachos, avocado, chopped spring onions and sour cream
- 1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- 2. Add the mince and fry to brown.
- 3. Continue cooking over medium heat until any liquid has reduced.
- 4. Add the garlic, onion, carrots and peppers and simmer until softened.
- 5. Add the cumin and chilli flakes and stir to mix.
- 6. Add the Rhodes Quality Chopped and Peeled Tomatoes, Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup and the beef stock and simmer for 15 minutes more.
- 7. Add the Rhodes Quality Black Beans and heat through.
- 8. Season to taste and stir through the coriander.
- 9. Serve topped with the avocado, spring onions, sour cream and nachos.