15 ml (1 Tbsp.) Sunflower oil
100g Smoked sausage, sliced
1 Onion, chopped
1 Red pepper, seeded and chopped
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
10 ml (2 tsp.) Ground cumin
5 ml (1 tsp.) Dried oregano
1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Whole Peeled
1 lt. (4 cups) chicken stock
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
2 x 410 g cans Rhodes Quality Black Beans, drained and rinsed
To serve: Tortilla chips, sour cream, chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan.
- 2. Fry the sausage slices to brown on both sides. Remove from the saucepan and set aside.
- 3. Add onion and red pepper to the pan and fry until softened.
- 4. Add the garlic and fry for a few minutes more.
- 5. Add the cumin and oregano.
- 6. Add the Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Whole Peeled, chicken stock and Rhodes Quality Black Beans and bring the soup to the boil.
- 7. Remove half of the soup from the pan and puree to smooth.
- 8. Return the pureed soup and the sausage to the saucepan and heat through.
- 9. Season to taste.
- 10. Garnish with sour cream and chopped parsley and serve with tortilla chips.
Try using chorizo sausage.