- 625 ml (2½ C) cake flour
- 15 ml (1 T) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 t) salt
- 250 ml (1 C) sugar
- 375 ml (1 ½ C) frozen blueberries
- 125 ml (½ C) butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 375 ml (1½ C) buttermilk
- 15 ml (1 T) vanilla essence
- 65 ml (¼ C) Rhodes Honey
- 10 ml (2 t) butter
- 15 ml (1 T) cake flour
- 1 ml (¼ t) ground cinnamon
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar.
- Add the blueberries and toss to coat.
- Mix the melted butter, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla essence together.
- Add the buttermilk mix to the blueberries and flour and stir until just combined.
- Divide the muffin mix into 12 muffin pans lined with muffin paper wrappers.
- To make the topping, melt the Rhodes Honey and butter together. Stir in the flour and the cinnamon until smooth. Pour the honey topping over the muffins.
- Bake the muffins in an oven preheated to 180˚C for 25 minutes or until the muffins are well risen and firm to the touch.
Cooking TipDo not defrost the blueberries. Use straight from the freezer.