1 kg Pork neck
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
10 ml (2 tsp.) Dried oregano
30 ml (2 Tbsp.) sunflower oil
1 Onion, sliced
2 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Tomato Italian Style
250 ml (1 cup) Prepared chicken stock
- 1. Season the pork neck with salt, pepper and oregano.
- 2. Heat the oil in a potjie pot over high heat and sear the pork neck until browned all over.
- 3. Add the onion to the pan and cook until softened.
- 4. Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato Italian Style and the prepared chicken stock.
- 5. Reduce the direct heat and cover with a lid.
- 6. Braise slowly for 1-2 hours or until the pork is tender.
- 7. Remove the pork from the sauce and slice.
- 8. Season the sauce.
- 9. Return the pork to the sauce and serve over rice or polenta.