- 50 g butter
- 30 ml Rhodes Honey
- 250 ml (1 C) muesli
- 500 ml (2 C) self-raising flour
- 5 ml (1 t) ground ginger
- 190 ml (¾ C) caster sugar
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Pear Halves in Syrup, drained and chopped
- 80 g butter, melted
- 250 ml (1 C) buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- In a small saucepan melt together the butter and the Rhodes Honey.
- Add the muesli and stir well to mix.
- Set aside.
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the ground ginger and the caster sugar.
- Add the chopped Rhodes Pear Halves, and mix lightly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the melted butter, buttermilk and eggs together.
- Stir the egg mixture into the pear mixture until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the mixture into the holes of a muffin pan that has been lined with paper muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the muesli topping over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake the muffins in an oven that has been preheated to 180˚C for 20 minutes or until the muffins are well risen and golden.
- Transfer the muffins from the tray to a wire rack and leave to cool.