65 ml (¼ cup) Hinds Chocolate Custard Powder
45 ml (3 Tbsp.) Sugar
500 ml (2 cups) Milk, divided
12 Chocolate brownies
1 x 250 g tub Plain cream cheese
1 x 385 g can Condensed milk
Juice of 1 lemon
1 x 80 g pack Rhodes Quality Trotters Cherry Flavoured Jelly
250 ml (1 cup) Cream, thickly whipped
- 1. Mix Hinds Chocolate Custard powder, sugar and 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) of the milk together.
- 2. Bring the remaining milk to the boil in a saucepan.
- 3. Pour the custard mix into boiling milk, stir well until thickened and leave to cool.
- 4. Cut the brownies into chunks and arrange half of the pieces in a large bowl.
- 5. Cover with a layer of chocolate custard.
- 6. In an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese for a few minutes until softened.
- 7. Add the condensed milk and the lemon juice and beat until thick and well mixed.
- 8. Using half of the mixture, cover the brownies with a layer of cheesecake mixture and refrigerate until set.
- 9. Prepare one packet Rhodes Quality Trotters Cherry Flavoured Jelly as per the pack instructions and place in the fridge until set slightly, but not yet firm.
- 10. Place a layer of cherry jelly on top of the cheesecake layer and refrigerate until completely set.
- 11. Repeat the layers with the remaining brownies, cheesecake and cherry jelly.
- 12. Decorate with cream and chocolate shavings and refrigerate until ready to serve.