Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Delicious and moist, these cupcakes are great for tea. The even better part is that this recipes stores well, so bake ahead of time for stress-free entertaining.
- 4 eggs
- 500 ml (2 C) brown sugar
- 250 ml (1 C) sunflower oil
- 1 x 432 g can Rhodes Pineapple Crush in Light Syrup, drained, syrup reserved
- 500 ml (2 C) cake flour
- 15 ml (1 T) ground cinnamon
- 7.5 ml (1½ t) bicarbonate of soda
- 10 ml (2 t) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 t) salt
- 500 ml (2 C) grated carrot
- 125 ml (½ C) pecan nuts, chopped
- 65 ml (¼ C) butter
- 1 x 175 g tub plain cream cheese
- 500 ml (2 C) icing sugar, sifted
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in the oil and 125 ml (½ C) of the reserved pineapple syrup.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt together and fold into the liquid mixture. Stir in the Rhodes Pineapple Crush, carrot and pecan nuts.
- Pour the batter into a muffin pan lined with paper muffin cups and bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 25 – 30 minutes, or until the cupcakes have risen and are firm to the touch.
- Allow to cool.
- To make the icing: cream the butter, add the cream cheese and beat for 1 minute. Add the icing sugar, mix until well blended and decorate the cupcakes as desired.