12 Chicken pieces
30 ml (2 Tbsp.) Sunflower oil
1 Onion, chopped
10 ml (2 tsp.) PAKCO Masala Traditional Curry Powder
10 ml (2 tsp.) Bisto Corn Flour
250 ml (1 cup) Water
1 x 400 g Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Hot & Spicy
2 Generous handfuls of fresh coriander, chopped
To serve: cooked rice or pap
- 1. Heat the oil in a saucepan and brown the chicken pieces in batches on all sides until evenly browned. Reserve to one side.
- 2. In the same saucepan, fry the onions until softened.
- 3. Add the PACKO Masala Traditional Curry Powder and stir well.
- 4. Add the chicken back to the pan.
- 5. Add the Rhodes Quality Chakalaka Hot & Spicy and stir to mix.
- 6. Mix the Bisto Corn Flour powder with the water and whisk until smooth. Add to the saucepan.
- 7. Bring the sauce to the boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- 8. Continue to cook over a gentle heat for about 35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- 9. Season to taste and stir in the chopped coriander.
- 10. Serve over rice or pap.