Curried Chick Pea SoupServes: 4 - 6
Soup is one of the easiest and most reliable dishes to freeze. Make two batches and freeze one.
- 15 ml (1 T) butter
- 15 ml (1 T) sunflower oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Tomato Indian Style
- 500 ml (2 C) prepared chicken stock
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Chick Peas, drained
- 125 ml (½ C) plain yoghurt or cream
- to serve: coriander leaves
- Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion, garlic and carrots for 5 minutes or until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the Rhodes Tomato Indian Style and the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the Rhodes Chick Peas.
- Lower the heat to medium and simmer the soup for 15 minutes until the vegetables are cooked and soft.
- Puree the soup using a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Season to taste with the salt.
- Just before serving, stir in the yogurt or cream and top with the coriander leaves.