- 500 g chicken mince
- 30 ml (2 T) olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Tomato & Onion Mix
- 115 g can or cup of Rhodes Tomato Paste
- pinch dried mixed herbs
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic and fry until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the mince and fry until almost cooked.
- Drain any excess fat.
- Add the Rhodes Tomato & Onion Mix, Rhodes Tomato Paste and herbs and season to taste.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with pasta shapes of your choice – spaghetti, screws, even spirals.
If your chicken mince is very lean, and you're worried about it being dry, add 200 g of chopped bacon to the recipe.