- 20 chicken wings (about 800 g – 1 kg)
- 250 ml (1 C) prepared barbeque sauce
- 125 ml (½ C) honey
- 125 ml (½ C) Rhodes Tomato Puree
- 2.5 – 5 ml (½ – 1 t) cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- to serve: chopped spring onions
- Trim each chicken wing; firstly discard the tip and then cut the wing through the joint to make 2 pieces.
- Place the pieces into a large bowl.
- Whisk the barbeque sauce, the honey and the Rhodes Tomato Puree together.
- Season to taste with the salt and the cayenne pepper.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken wings and toss to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the chicken wings from the marinade and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 190˚C and bake for 20 minutes, turning once, or until the chicken wings are baked through.
- Heat the remaining marinade in a small saucepan and simmer until thickened.
- Remove the chicken wings from the oven and baste with marinade.
- Bake for a further 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with the spring onions.
Serve any remaining marinade on the side for dipping. Allow extra time for cooking if keeping the chicken wings whole.