- 1 x 600 g vanilla sponge cake
- 30 ml – 65 ml (2 T – ¼ C) Rhodes Seville Orange Marmalade
- 30 g milk chocolate
- 375 ml (1½ C) icing sugar
- 125 ml (½ C) g cocoa powder
- 125 ml (½ C) milk
- 40 g butter
To decorate: cake pop sticks, desiccated coconut
- Crumble the sponge cake into a bowl (make sure the crumble is even, with no big lumps of cake).
- Add 30 ml (2 T) of Rhodes Seville Orange Marmalade to the crumbs and stir with a wooden spoon. Continue adding the Rhodes Seville Orange Marmalade, one tablespoon at
- a time, until the crumb mixture forms a stiff, but not wet, dough.
- Roll the mixture into evenly sized balls.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Dip the tip of 1 cake pop stick into the melted chocolate and insert the stick halfway into 1 cake ball.
- Repeat with remaining.
- Place the balls onto a baking sheet that has been lined with baking paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Sift the icing sugar and the cocoa powder together.
- Melt the milk and butter together.
- Stir the hot milk into the sifted icing and whisk until smooth and glossy.
- Dip each orange Lamington into the chocolate icing.
- Allow the excess to run off and then sprinkle the coconut evenly over the surface of the cake pop.
- Allow to set in the refrigerator for a further 30 minutes.
Dip the cake pops in melted chocolate instead of chocolate icing.