- 1 x packets peach jelly
- 1 x packet caramel digestive biscuits
- 80 ml (⅓ C) sherry (or Rhodes 100% Fruit Juice)
- 500 ml (2 C) ready-made custard
- 250 ml (1 C) cream, whipped
- 2 x 410 g cans Rhodes Peach Slices in Syrup, drained
- To serve: caramel popcorn, caramel sauce
- Prepare the jelly as per the pack instructions and place in the fridge to set slightly, but not yet firm.
- Roughly crush the caramel digestive cookies and place in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Drizzle with sherry (or juice).
- Cover with a thick layer of custard, then a layer of cream and finally by half of the jelly.
- Arrange the Rhodes Peach Slices on top of the jelly.
- Cover with the remaining custard, cream and the rest of the jelly and place in the fridge to set, about 4 hours.
- To serve, arrange the caramel popcorn on top of the trifle and just before serving, drizzle with the caramel sauce.
To make a non-alcoholic trifle, either leave out the sherry altogether or substitute with fruit juice.