Coronation Potato SaladServes: 6
This tangy, curried potato salad is a great side dish at any braai.
800 g Baby potatoes
30 ml (2 Tbsp.) Olive oil
1 Onion, finely chopped
30 ml (2 Tbsp.) Pakco Mild and Spicy Masala
1 x 115 g Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup
2 Bay leaves
250 ml (1 cup) Red wine
80 ml (⅓ cup) Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam
250 ml (1 cup) Prepared chicken stock
250 ml (1 cup) Mayonnaise
125 ml (½ cup) Plain yoghurt
- 1. Place the potatoes in a saucepan of salted water.
- 2. Bring to the boil and cook until tender.
- 3. Drain and cool.
- 4. Heat the oil in frying pan.
- 5. Add the onion and cook until soft.
- 6. Add the Pakco Mild and Spicy Masala, Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup and bay leaves and stir to mix.
- 7. Add the wine and simmer until slightly reduced.
- 8. Add the Rhodes Quality Smooth Apricot Jam and the chicken stock.
- 9. Bring the sauce to a high simmer and allow to reduce to a thick consistency.
- 10. Strain the sauce to remove the onion and the bay leaves and set aside to cool.
- 11. Place the mayonnaise and yoghurt into a bowl.
- 12. Stir in the reduction, adding as much as preferred, reserve any remaining for a later batch.
- 13. Season to taste.
- 14. Spoon the coronation dressing over the potatoes and toss to mix.
- 15. Refrigerate until serving.