- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 T) sunflower oil
- 850 g lean beef mince
- 50 g Rhodes Tomato Paste Sachet
- 30 ml (2 T) Worcester sauce
- 15 ml (1 T) dried Italian herbs
- 10 ml (2 t) chopped garlic
- 500 ml (2 C) prepared beef stock
- 900 g potatoes, peeled and cut into even sized pieces
- 80 ml (⅓ C) butter
- 45 ml (3 T) milk
- coarsely ground pepper
- 2 x 410 g cans Rhodes Mixed Vegetables, drained
MethodFry the onion in the oil until soft and golden. Add the mince and brown lightly. Add the Rhodes Tomato Paste, Worcester sauce, dried herbs, garlic and stock and simmer for 20 minutes or until the liquids have reduced and thickened. Meanwhile cook the potatoes in salted water for 10 - 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add the butter and milk and mash until smooth. Season to taste with pepper and set aside. Add the Rhodes Mixed Vegetables to the mince and heat through. Season to taste and spoon into an ovenproof dish or 8 large ramekins and cover with the mashed potato. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ˚C for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Want something spicier? Substitute the Rhodes Mixed Vegetables in Brine with Rhodes Mixed Vegetables in Curry Sauce.