- 200 ml (¾ Cup) Water
- 2.5 ml (½ Tsp.) Salt
- 250 ml (1 Cup) Instant couscous
- 15 – 30 ml (1 – 2 Tbsp.) Butter
- 1 Carrot, finely sliced
- 500 ml (2 Cups) Baby spinach
- 1 Avocado, cubed
- 1 x 385 g Bottle Rhodes Quality Diced Beetroot
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp.) Lemon juice
- 5 ml (1 Tsp.) Dijon Mustard
- 80 ml (⅓ Cup) Olive oil
- 1 Clove garlic, finely crushed
- 5 ml (1 Tsp.) Sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the water, butter and salt into a medium saucepan and bring to a rapid boil.
- Remove the water from the heat and stir in the couscous.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and leave to stand for 10 minutes or until the couscous has absorbed all the water.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork to break the couscous apart.
- Leave to cool.
- In a large salad bowl toss together the couscous, carrot, spinach and the avocado.
- Season the salad to taste.
- Add the Rhodes Quality Beetroot and lightly toss again.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together until well blended.
- Season the dressing to taste with the salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour a little dressing over the salad and serve the remainder on the side.
Cooking TipFor perfectly cooked couscous, measure both the couscous and the water accurately.