FESTIVE CHERRY TRIFLEServes: 10 - 12
Simple to prepare ahead of time; a festive-table showstopper jam-packed with Rhodes Quality favourites.
2 x 80 g cups Rhodes Quality Trotters Cherry Flavoured Jelly
1 medium Swiss roll, sliced
65 ml (¼ cup) Brandy, sherry or fruit juice
45 ml (3 Tbsp.) Hinds Vanilla Custard Powder
45 ml (3 Tbsp.) Sugar
500 ml (2 cups) Milk, divided
2 x 410 g cans Rhodes Quality Fruit Cocktail in Syrup, drained
375 ml Whipped, sweetened cream
- 1. Prepare one packet Rhodes Quality Trotters Cherry Flavoured Jelly as per the pack instructions.
- 2. Pour the jelly into a flat square dish, such that the jelly is about 1 cm deep, and place in the fridge to set.
- 3. Prepare the second packet of Rhodes Quality Trotters Cherry Flavoured Jelly as per the pack instructions and place in the fridge to set slightly, but not yet firm.
- 4. Mix Hinds Vanilla Custard powder, sugar and 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) of the milk together.
- 5. Bring the remaining milk to the boil in a saucepan.
- 6. Pour the custard mix into boiling milk, stirring well until thickened.
- 7. Cool the custard.
- 8. Arrange the Swiss roll slices in a large bowl and drizzle with brandy, sherry or fruit juice.
- 9. Cover with a thick layer of custard, followed by a layer of the slightly set jelly.
- 10. Arrange the Rhodes Quality Fruit Cocktail on top of the jelly and refrigerate.
- 11. When set, slice the firm jelly into cubes and use to decorate the top of the fruit.
- 12. Serve with cream.