45 ml (3 Tbsp.) Hinds Vanilla Custard Powder
45 ml (3 Tbsp.) Sugar
500 ml (2 cups) Milk, divided
6 Egg whites
500 ml (2 cups) Cream
1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Pear Halves in Syrup, drained and chopped
1 x 115 g cup Rhodes Quality Mango-Passion Topping
To decorate: white chocolate balls, edible flowers
- 1. Mix Hinds Vanilla Custard powder, sugar and 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) of the milk together.
- 2. Bring the remaining milk to the boil in a saucepan, then pour the custard mix into the boiling milk, stirring well until thickened. Cool the custard.
- 3. In a clean, dry bowl, whip the egg whites using an electric mixer until soft white peaks form.
- 4. Continue beating and slowly add 65 ml (¼ cup) of caster sugar.
- 5. Beat until the egg whites form a soft meringue and set aside.
- 6. Beat the cream until thick but not stiff. Set aside.
- 7. Fold the cream into the custard.
- 8. Fold the meringue mixture into the custard and cream base.
- 9. Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap, then dip the finger biscuits in the brandy, sherry or fruit juice and place a layer of biscuits down the bottom of the pan.
- 10. Cover with a layer of custard.
- 11. Add a layer of the chopped Rhodes Quality Pear Halves, then add the remaining custard and complete with a second layer of finger biscuits.
- 12. Cover the top with cling wrap and freeze for 4 hours or until set.
- 13. Turn the loaf out of the pan and remove all the plastic.
- 14. Drizzle the top of the loaf with Rhodes Quality Mango-Passion Topping.
- 15. Decorate with chocolate balls and flowers, slice and serve.