- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Pear Halves in Syrup
- 65 ml (¼ C) preserved ginger, finely chopped
- 1 x 200 g packet of ginger biscuits
- 90 ml (6 T) melted butter
- 2 x 200 g tubs creamed cottage cheese
- 125 ml (½ C) castor sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 200 ml (¾ C + 2 t )sour cream
- 30 ml (2 T) lemon juice
- extra preserved ginger to serve
- Drain the can of Rhodes Pear Halves and set aside one pear half for decoration. Chop the remaining pear halves into small pieces and combine with the ginger. Cover and set aside until required.
- Process the biscuits into fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and mix well. Push the mixture into a 20 cm diameter springform pan. Place the pan on a baking sheet to prevent spillage.
- Whisk the cottage cheese and sugar together then add the eggs, sour cream and lemon juice and whisk well. Sprinkle the pear and ginger mixture into the crust and pour in the egg mixture. Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 160 °C for 25 - 30 minutes or until the filling is just set but still a little wobbly in the centre.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before removing it from the pan. Slice or chop the reserved pear and ginger to garnish the cake.
Apricot and ginger are a wonderful flavour pairing, so try using Rhodes Apricot Halves instead of the pears.