- 400 g cake flour
- 5 ml (1 t) salt
- 5 ml (1 t) sugar
- 1 x 10 g packet instant yeast
- 160 ml (⅔ C) milk
- 45 ml (3 T) water
- 65 ml (¼ C) butter
- 1 egg
- sunflower oil for frying
- 500 ml (2 C) icing sugar
- 15 ml (1 T) Rhodes Superfine Apricot Jam
- 1 x 200 ml Rhodes Mango 100% Fruit Juice
- Sift the flour, salt and sugar into a large bowl, and sprinkle over the yeast.
- Heat the milk and water and add the butter.
- Stir until melted then remove from the heat and allow to cool until tepid (slightly warm). Whisk in the egg.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and work into a firm dough.
- Knead the dough until smooth and elastic.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and place in a warm spot to rise until it has doubled in size.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface about 2 cm thick. Cut into circles using a doughnut cutter or a large cookie cutter.
- Arrange on an oiled tray, cover and set aside in a warm spot to rise until doubled in size.
- Half-fill a medium saucepan with oil, heat to 190 °C and fry the doughnuts on both sides until they are golden and cooked through.
- Drain the doughnuts on paper towels to remove excess oil and set aside to cool.
- To make the glaze, sift the icing sugar into a large bowl. Add the Rhodes Superfine Apricot Jam.
- Beat the apricot Jam, icing sugar and Rhodes Mango 100% Fruit Juice into a thick, smooth glaze by adding a little of the Mango Juice at a time, whisking well after each addition.
- Dip the top of the cooled doughnut into the glaze and leave to set before serving.