Gnocchi in Creamed Pomodoro Style Sauce
Simple cooking, a quick and easy midweek dinner.
65 ml (¼ Cup) Olive oil
4 Stems fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
2 Stems fresh rosemary
2 Stems fresh basil
1 Onion, chopped
3 Cloves garlic, crushed
1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Italian Style
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
125 ml (½ Cup) cream
1 x 500 g Prepared potato gnocchi
To serve: Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- 2. Add the fresh parsley, rosemary and basil and simmer over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until the herbs become crisp and the oil fragrant.
- 3. Remove the herbs and discard.
- 4. Add the onion and garlic to the pan, and fry gently until the onions soften but do not brown.
- 5. Add the Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Italian Style and bring the sauce to the heat and simmer until slightly thickened.
- 6. Stir in the cream, season to taste and remove from the heat.
- 7. Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil and add the gnocchi.
- 8. Cook until the gnocchi float to the top of the
- 9. Drain the gnocchi well and add to the Pomodoro
- 10. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 11. Place the gnocchi under a preheated grill for 4 minutes or until the cheese browns and crisps.
- 12. Serve immediately.
For a smoother sauce, puree the Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Italian Style in a food processor before using