- 2 x 410 g cans Rhodes Haricot Beans, drained
- 90 ml (6 T) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 T) tahini paste
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- to serve: basil pesto and fresh pita breads
- Place the Rhodes Haricot Beans, olive oil, garlic, tahini paste, parsley and lemon juice and zest into a food processor.
- Process until fine and smooth and season to taste.
- Place in a bowl and drizzle a few teaspoons of Basil pesto over the mix.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and toast the pita breads on either side until golden brown.
- Cut the pitas into triangles and serve warm with the hummus.
Cooking TipIf the hummus is too stiff, add a little warm water for a smoother consistency.