- 250 ml (1 C) cake flour
- 125 ml (½ C) sugar
- 5 ml (1 t) bicarbonate of soda
- 5 ml (1 t) baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 30 ml (2 T) vinegar
- 250 ml (1 C) milk
- 30 ml (2 T) Rhodes Apricot Jam Superfine
- 30 ml (2 T) brown sugar
- 30 ml (2 T) water
- 45 ml (3 T) butter
- 125 ml (½ C) Rhodes Honey
- optional: 45 – 60 ml (3 – 4 T) brandy
- In a large bowl, sift the cake flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the egg, vinegar, milk and Rhodes Apricot Jam Superfine and add to the dry ingredients.
- Beat for about 3 - 4 minutes until smooth and glossy.
- Divide the batter evenly between 6 ramekins which have been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 180 °C for 25 - 30 minutes.
- While the puddings are baking, make the sauce.
- In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, water, butter, Rhodes Honey and the brandy if using.
- Whisk over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Once the puddings are removed from the oven, pierce the top of each pudding with a sharp knife.
- Carefully pour the honey sauce a little at a time over each of the puddings until all the sauce is absorbed.
- Serve warm with fresh cream, custard or ice cream.