- 250 ml (1 C) non-dairy dessert topping, chilled
- 1 x 375 g can caramel dessert topping
- 1 x 410 g Rhodes Pear Halves, drained and chopped
- 2 x 150 g Peppermint Crisp Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 x 200 g (1 packet) coconut biscuits
- Beat the non-dairy dessert topping in an electric mixer until thick.
- Spoon in the caramel and beat to mix well.
- Stir in the chopped Rhodes Pear Halves.
- Add about 125 ml (½ C) of the chopped chocolate to the caramel mixture and stir through.
- Line a large rectangular freezer proof dish with cling wrap.
- Place whole coconut biscuits in rows on the bottom of the dish.
- Spread a thick layer of the caramel mixture over the biscuits.
- Place another layer of biscuits over the top of the mixture, taking care to make sure that the top rows line up directly over the bottom rows of biscuits.
- Cover the dish with cling wrap and freeze overnight.
- Turn the frozen dish out onto a board and using a sharp knife cut it into square sandwiches using the rows of biscuits as a guide.
- Melt the remaining peppermint crisp chocolate and dip the edges of each ice cream sandwich into the chocolate.
- Serve immediately.
We made our ice-cream sandwiches in disposable foil oven trays with lids, which made storing them in the freezer easy and neat.