- 125 ml (½ C) butter, softened
- 125 ml (½ C) castor sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 ml (1 t) vanilla essence
- 500 ml (2 C) cake flour
- 60 ml (4 T) corn flour
- 5 ml (1 t) baking powder
- pinch of salt
- can Rhodes Mixed Fruit Jam
- icing sugar
- Beat the butter and castor sugar together until creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla essence.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, corn flour, baking powder and salt together and add to the butter mixture. Bring together to create a firm dough.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Roll equal-sized balls of dough and place on the baking sheet. Use your thumb, or the back of a wooden spoon, to make an indent in the dough and bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 10 - 12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Fill the indent with Rhodes Mixed Fruit Jam and dust with icing sugar.