- 2 x packets apricot jelly
- 250 g cream cheese
- 125 ml (½ C) caster sugar
- 250 ml (1 C) cream, whipped
- 1 x ready-made Swiss roll
- (⅓ C) sherry
- 2 x 410 g can Rhodes Apricot Halves in Syrup, drained
- 500 g custard
- To serve: whipped cream and flaked almonds, toasted
- Prepare the jelly as per the pack instructions and place in the fridge to set slightly, but not yet firm.
- Beat the cream cheese until softened.
- Add the sugar and beat until dissolved.
- Fold in the cream and set aside.
- Arrange the Swiss roll slices in a large bowl and drizzle with sherry.
- Cover with a thick layer of cream cheese mixture, followed by a half of the jelly.
- Arrange the Rhodes Apricot Halves on top of the jelly, cover with the remaining cream cheese mixture, followed by the rest of the jelly and place in the fridge to set, about 4 hours.
- To serve, spoon the whipped cream on top of the trifle and sprinkle with the toasted almonds.
To make a non-alcoholic trifle, either omit the sherry or replace with Rhodes 100% Fruit Juice Blend.