Roasted Chick Peas
- 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Chick Peas in Brine, drained and well dried
- 15 ml (1 T) olive oil
- 5 ml (1 t) ground cumin
- 2.5 ml (½ t) teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 30 ml (2 T) sweet chilli sauce
- 15 ml (1 T) rice vinegar
- few drops of fish sauce
- 30 ml (2 T) olive oil
- 200 g egg noodles, cooked and cooled
- 200 g bag of coleslaw mix (carrots and green cabbage)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 45 ml (3 T) fresh coriander, chopped
- Place the Rhodes Chick Peas in a large bowl and toss with the oil, cumin and cayenne pepper to coat.
- Spread the chick peas in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 180˚C for 30 minutes or until crisp.
- Allow to cool.
- To make the dressing, mix together all the ingredients.
- Mix together the noodles, the vegetables, the spring onions and the coriander.
- Pour over the dressing and toss to mix well.
- Top the salad with the crispy roasted chick peas and serve.
Make sure the Rhodes Chick Peas are dried very well before roasting. Use paper towels to dry them and allow them to sit out on the counter for 20 - 30 minutes to air dry even more before roasting.