PEACH & CUSTARD ICE CREAMServes: 6
A delicious, sweet and creamy summertime treat.
45 ml (3 Tbsp.) Hinds Vanilla Custard Powder
45 ml (3 Tbsp.) Sugar
500 ml (2 cups) Milk, divided
5 ml (1 tsp.) Ground cinnamon
6 Egg whites
500 ml (2 cups) Cream
1 x 410 g cans Rhodes Quality Peach Slices in Syrup, drained
To serve : 1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Peach Halves, drained
- 1. Mix Hinds Vanilla Custard powder, sugar and 45 ml (3 Tbsp.) of the milk together.
- 2. Bring the remaining milk to the boil in a saucepan, pour the custard mix into boiling milk, and stir well until thickened.
- 3. Stir the ground cinnamon into the custard, then set aside to cool.
- 4. In a clean, dry bowl, whip the egg whites using an electric mixer until soft white peaks form.
- 5. Continue beating and slowly add 65 ml (¼ cup) of castor sugar.
- 6. Beat until the egg whites form a soft meringue and set aside.
- 7. Beat the cream until thick but not stiff. Set aside.
- 8. Fold the cream into the custard.
- 9. Fold the meringue mixture into the custard and cream base.
- 10. Place the Rhodes Quality Peach Slices into the base of a freezer safe container, and pour custard over.
- 11. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 4 hours.
- 12. Serve with sugar cones and Rhodes Peach Halves.