30 ml (2 Tbsp.) Sunflower oil, divided
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
1 Red pepper, diced
1 Clove garlic, crushed
1 x 440 g can Rhodes Quality Pineapple Pieces in Light Syrup, drained
500 ml (2 cups) Rice, cooked
190 ml (¾ cup) Chopped spring onions
30 ml (2 Tbsp.) Soy sauce
To serve: roasted cashew nuts, chopped coriander leaves, fresh limes or lemons
- 1. Heat 5 ml (1 tsp.) Oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- 2. Pour in the eggs and stir to scramble and set aside.
- 3. Add the remaining oil to the same pan.
- 4. Add the red pepper and the garlic and fry for a few minutes until slightly tender.
- 5. Add the Rhodes Quality Pineapple Pieces and quick fry to heat.
- 6. Return the eggs to the pan and stir well to mix, breaking up the egg.
- 7. Add the rice to the pan and toss gently to heat through.
- 8. Add the spring onions and the soy sauce.
- 9. Season to taste.
- 10. To serve sprinkle with roasted cashew nuts and fresh coriander and squeeze over a little lime juice.