- 30 ml (2 T) butter
- 1 batch Roosterkoek bread dough
- 500 ml (2 C) marshmallows
- 150 g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 65 ml (¼ C) Rhodes Apricot Jam Superfine
- 1 x 380 g can evaporated milk or 250 ml (1 C) cream
- Melt the butter and generously brush the bottom and sides of a heavy-bottomed braai “bread pot” or similar.
- Divide the dough into 10 equally sized pieces and roll each portion into a ball.
- Evenly place the balls in the “bread pot” at least 3 cm apart.
- Place the marshmallows and chocolate pieces in between the balls.
- Cover the dough with the lid or a damp cloth and leave until the balls have doubled in size.
- Whisk the Rhodes Apricot Jam and the evaporated milk together and pour over the dough balls.
- Replace the lid and either cook over medium coals on the braai – or bake in an oven preheated to 180˚C for 45 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the potbrood comes out clean.
You can bake this sweet potbrood in the oven too.