2 Red peppers
30 ml (2 Tbsp.) Butter
2 Carrots, chopped
1 Onion, chopped
1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Whole Peeled Tomatoes
500 ml (2 cups) Chicken stock
65 ml (¼ cup) Cream
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1. Cut the peppers in half and remove the stem and the seeds.
- 2. Place the peppers onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- 3. Place the peppers under the preheated grill of the oven and grill until the skins are evenly charred.
- 4. Leave until the peppers are cool to the touch.
- 5. Remove the skins from the peppers which will now peel off from the flesh easily.
- 6. Heat the butter in a large saucepan.
- 7. Add the carrots and the onion and fry until the onions begin to soften. Add the peppers to the pan.
- 8. Add the Rhodes Quality Whole Peeled Tomatoes and the chicken stock.
- 9. Bring the soup to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 10. Puree the soup with a hand held blender or pass the soup through a fine sieve.
- 11. Stir in the cream and season to taste.
- 12. Serve hot with fresh bread.