1 kg Stewing beef
1 Onion, chopped
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
3 Carrots, diced
4 Potatoes, diced
80 ml (⅓ cup) Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam
15 ml (1 Tbsp.) Pakco Hot Masala Curry Powder
250 ml (1 cup) Hot prepared beef stock
1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves, drained
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1. Trim the beef and place in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- 2. Add the onions, garlic, carrots and potatoes.
- 3. Stir the Rhodes Quality Apricot Jam and the Pakco Hot Masala Curry Powder into the hot beef stock until well mixed.
- 4. Pour the stock over the beef and vegetables.
- 5. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until the beef is tender.
- 6. Season to taste.
- 7. Stir in the Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves and heat through.
- 8. Serve over rice.
- 1. If a thicker sauce is preferred, remove half the sauce and vegetables from the slow cooker once the meat is tender and puree until smooth and thick. Stir back into the remaining sauce.
- 2. If you do not have a slow cooker, braise the curry in the oven or in a saucepan over low heat.