1 Large onion, finely chopped
30 ml (2 Tbsp.) Sunflower oil
600 g Lean beef mince
15 ml (1 Tbsp.) Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Sachet
500 ml (2 Cups) Rhodes Quality Mild & Spicy Chakalaka
8 Hamburger Buns
Softened butter for spreading
8 Cheddar cheese slices
250 ml (1 Cup) Grated mozzarella cheese
- 1. Fry the onion in the oil until soft and golden.
- 2. Add the beef mince and brown lightly.
- 3. Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste and the Rhodes Quality Mild & Spicy Chakalaka.
- 4. Simmer for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 5. Slice the hamburger buns in half and place the bottoms on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- 6. Butter the buns.
- 7. Add a slice of cheddar cheese to each bun and top with a spoonful of the Chakalaka mince.
- 8. Top with grated mozzarella cheese.
- 9. Close the buns and brush the tops of the buns with a little butter.
- 10. Bake in an oven that has been preheated to 180°C for ten minutes or until the cheese is melted and the buns heated through.
- 11. Serve hot.