15 ml (1 Tbsp.) Bisto corn flour
60 ml (4 Tbsp.) water
200 ml Rhodes Quality 100% Strawberry & Banana Fruit Juice Blend
30 ml (2 Tbsp.) Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam
400g Fresh strawberries, washed, stalk removed, quartered
1 x 250 g tub Plain cream cheese
1 x 385 g can Condensed milk
Juice of 1 lemon
500 ml (2 cups) Cream, thickly whipped
- 1. Mix the corn flour and water together to form a smooth paste.
- 2. Place the Rhodes Quality 100% Strawberry & Banana Fruit Juice Blend in a medium saucepan.
- 3. Add the Rhodes Quality Strawberry Jam and bring to the boil, stirring until the jam dissolves.
- 4. Pour the corn flour mix into the strawberry juice and whisk until thickened.
- 5. Boil for a few minutes more.
- 6. Add the fresh strawberries to the sauce and stir well to mix.
- 7. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- 8. In an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese for a few minutes until softened.
- 9. Add the condensed milk and the lemon juice and beat until thick and well mixed.
- 10. Fold in the whipped cream.
- 11. Fold in the cooled strawberry mixture.
- 12. Pour the ice cream into a freezer proof dish, cover well with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.