1 Onion, chopped
30 ml (2 Tbsp.) Sunflower oil
1 Stick celery, chopped
3 Carrots, peeled and chopped
1 Yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
1 x 115 g Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste Cup
250 ml (1 cup) Water
1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Chopped and Peeled Tomatoes with Mixed Herbs
1 x 410 g can Lentils, drained and rinsed
1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Haricot Beans, drained and rinsed
Salt, sugar and freshly cracked black pepper
900 g Potatoes, peeled and cut into even-sized pieces
80 ml (⅓ cup) Butter
45 ml (3 Tbsp.) Milk
125 ml (½ cup) Grated cheese
Salt and ground white pepper
- 1. Fry the onion in the oil until.
- 2. Add the celery, carrots and yellow pepper and fry for a few minutes more.
- 3. Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato Paste, water and Rhodes Quality Chopped and Peeled Tomatoes with Herbs.
- 4. Bring the sauce to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes or until the liquids have reduced and slightly thickened.
- 5. Meanwhile cook the potatoes in salted water for 10 - 15 minutes or until tender, then drain.
- 6. Add the butter and milk and mash until smooth.
- 7. Stir in the cheese until melted.
- 8. Season to taste with salt pepper and set aside.
- 9. Add the lentils and the Rhodes Quality Haricot Beans to the tomato base and heat through.
- 10. Season to taste with salt, sugar and pepper and spoon into an ovenproof dish.
- 11. Cover with the mashed potato.
- 12. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ˚C for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden and bubbly.