30 ml (2 Tbsp.) Olive oil
1 Onion, chopped
3 Cloves garlic, crushed
1 Red pepper, seeded and chopped
375 ml (1½ cup) Uncooked Arborio rice
1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Tomatoes Chopped and Peeled
1 lt. (4 cup) Prepared vegetable stock
1 ml (¼ tsp.) Saffron threads or ground turmeric
5 ml (1 tsp.) Ground smoked paprika
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Chick Peas in brine, drained
1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Green Beans Cross Cut, drained
1 x 410 g can Rhodes Quality Mixed Vegetables in brine, drained
To serve: fresh, chopped parsley and lemon wedges
- 1. Heat the oil in a paella pan or large non-stick frying pan.
- 2. Add the onion and fry until it begins to soften.
- 3. Add the garlic and the red pepper and fry for a few minutes more.
- 4. Add the uncooked rice and stir well to mix.
- 5. Add the Rhodes Quality Tomato Chopped and Peeled and the vegetable stock.
- 6. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to a medium simmer.
- 7. Add the saffron, paprika and seasoning.
- 8. Cook the paella for 20 minutes, stirring regularly, or until the rice has softened and absorbed almost all of the stock.
- 9. Add the Rhodes Chickpeas, Rhodes Quality Green Beans and Rhodes Quality Mixed Vegetables.
- 10. Continue cooking until the Rhodes Quality Vegetables and Beans are heated through, and all the stock has been absorbed.
- 11. Season to taste.
- 12. Sprinkled the parsley over the paella and place the lemon wedges on the side.
- 13. Serve immediately.